Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Moving Tip

Since I totally hurt my back yesterday, I'm taking a small blog break. (Note to future self: Do not try to lift even semi-heavy boxes while pregnant. The results are no fun.)

To all of you who are moving, thinking about moving, or know someone who might move someday: I will share the most amazing tip ever. Go to Borders for your boxes. Seriously. The boxes are the perfect size for almost everything, including heavy objects like... books. They are all a uniform size, and therefore quite easy to stack and fit together. Last but not least, the boxes are free. I have hauled my cookies over to Borders four times and each time they give me a stack of boxes and smile. Not to mention the parting comment "Just come back if you need some more!" Now that's service.

4 comments:

Amy Foote said...

They are probably nicer in Santa Barbara I would imagine...but who knows I have run into really nice Sonic workers, and Mail men here too.

I am sorry to hear about your back. Let others do the work Jamie...take it easy!

Amanda said...

That is a great tip! Once when we were moving, my mom got all of these boxes from a liquor store. The EQ moved us in and gave us lots of strange looks, but the boxes were awesome. They were reinforced and perfectly sized.

I hope you feel better!!

Lynette Mills said...

I will come over tomorrow to help with boxes after the soup kitchen service Jamie...

Tracy said...

I would have never thought to go to borders. I would think the grocery store. Good to know.