Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cars

I'm usually not much of a car girl. Normally I don't care what I'm driving, I have no aspirations of owning a particular car, and I can't determine the make or model of the cars my relatives drive... let alone the cars I pass by on my daily routes about town. It has been a peaceful and happily ignorant existence.

There has been a disturbance in the force.

Dan watches a show called Top Gear. It is a show aired by the BBC and its primary purpose is to review cars. At first I didn't think I could possibly like this show, but to my surprise I love it. The three hosts are completely hilarious, and they are honest in their reviews. (They are refreshingly honest about everything else as well. In one episode they declared that Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a boiled horse! Ouch.) There are sections of the show where the hosts are challenged to do crazy things, and they invite British celebrities to drag race normal cars around their track. It is a quirky, interesting, and charming show... and watching it has given rise to a tiny obsession with something unexpected.



Behold the Aston Martin Vanquish. I think it is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I have never cared about cars before, but if I were currently ridiculously wealthy I would probably go out and buy one as soon as humanly possible.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

me too!

Tracy said...

I am like you and have never cared about cars.... but I am not going to lie... you are right about this one, that is one FINE looking car.

Lynette Mills said...

Nice taste Jamie, but I would never drive one just for the reason that it is "too nice". It would make me obsessive about parking and that first scratch. I love a car that has a nice dent and scratch somewhere.

Sara said...

you are funny! my dream car is a slightly abused honda odyssey with lots of sand from the school playground in it.

rachel v. said...

my husband is obsessed with top gear! I am the same as you.. I could never imagine being into that show, but it is surprizingly entertaining. I am sure Jon would agree with your car of choice :)

Kristy said...

Reminds me of Night Rider.

Larry said...

I like the convertible better. So, how does this baby stack up against my S2000?