Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sewing on the brain

Last night I had a dream I was a contestant on Project Runway. Actually, it was kind of a nightmare even though I was chosen as someone who was "safe." We were making hats out of an article of clothing we owned. Everyone did a terrible job, including Heidi Klum, who was also a contestant.

I mentioned I have been teaching a sewing class. I think more people should learn to sew. I want to teach an adult class too. Here are some shots of a few of my lovely students with their first projects. In case you can't tell, they made their headbands. And they did a great job!




Also, I have decided to sew myself something this week. Stay tuned for the finished product!

9 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

How nice Jamie! You are bringing up a new generation of sewers! It's good since schools don't teach it any more. Girls should at least know how to use a machine.

Tracy said...

They are super cute. They look kind of like the ones we made. Are they?

Rachel said...

awesome. Those are so cute. teach me...

jamie hixon said...

They ARE the ones we made, Tracy.

Sara said...

i sort of can use a sewing machine but i have a mental block about threading the bobbin.

the headbands look great

Lori said...

Glad you are sharing your talents with others and not burring them in the ground :)You are soooo talented! love you!

Heather said...

Those are adorable! I had a friend in singles ward teach me how to make pillows. Next time we get together, you should show me how it's really done. :)

jamie hixon said...

Oh Heather... come back ANY TIME and I will teach you al I can about sewing. I love it.

Shauna said...

so cute!