Monday, June 28, 2010

The Most Important One

I did get one thing from my project pile done before Tracy left... I finished her dress! You know, the one I started in December...

So this is how it turned out. Not the best pictures in the world... just taken with my point and shoot out back in my weedy yard. Of course, I had a lovely model so she did her part. If only I were a better photographer...


Here is a shot of the lace hem. I love the way it turned out.


A few more details...

Happy late late late birthday, Tracy!
P.S. Doesn't she look fantastic???




7 comments:

Tracy said...

Jamie!!! Thanks so much for my dress! Its the cutest dress EVER and you did an amazing and professional job on it. Can't wait to show it off at church. Love you.

Lynette Mills said...

wow... it turned out great! It has some amazing detail in it and if fits her perfectly. Just wow!

Kristy said...

It does fit her perfectly! I think that is a real skill...to sew to someone's size. And the details are so cute. If you didn't have kids you could make a living on sewing.

Sara said...

reminds me a little of a 1950's housewife, with just a little sass. good job.

William said...

Wow Jamie, you are good! Tracy looks so beautiful in your masterpeice. You are such a talented sewer... i need to practice more! Maybe i could start on my HUGE pile of clothes that i need to mend- haha. I wish i had your talent.
Love you- Lori

Rachel said...

ok we'll take two!!! That is awesome Jamie.

Rachel said...

ok we'll take two!!! That is awesome Jamie.