Sunday, March 29, 2009

Parks


For the past few months I have been attending a play group with a bunch of lovely ladies, and it has been really fun. It is nice to get out of the house, to converse with people I like, and to occasionally sneak in a little exercise with my sister. Asher has a good time anywhere there is a slide, and we go to a different park every month. There are so many wonderful places that I never would have found on my own. I used to go to the same old crowded spots, but now, thanks to Melanie and her superior knowledge of Santa Barbara, I have discovered some hidden treasures. I still like my old reliables, but it is nice to have so many fun options. Every Wednesday is a treat, and I know where to find a good park any day in between.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

we do play groups here in our ward too! It's a really life saver for both the moms and their kids.

I'm kind of in charge, so maybe we'll start trying multiple parks once it stops this random snowing!

Larry said...

I like parks, too! What are the names of some of your new favorites?

Tracy said...

You will have to tell me where the parks are that I have been missing all of these years. Sounds like fun. I'm glad you are in a group like that.

jamie hixon said...

I like the park on University Drive a lot, I don't know if it has a name. I also like the community park on Willowglenn Road. It is small, but it has a little loopy sidewalk you can use to ride trikes.

The old reliables are Kids World, Alice Keck Park M.G., Chase Palm Park, and Stow.

Lynette Mills said...

Parks = Good times