Thursday, November 13, 2008

Survivor

Tonight I put on my first Enrichment as second counselor in the RS. It went really well, and I didn't die. The food was really good, which I had nothing to do with.
I received a lot of compliments for the evening... but my favorite was a personal compliment. My friend Amanda told me that I looked like Rosalie Hale from the Twilight books. Rosalie is supposed to be the "incarnation of female beauty" with a wonderful sense of style and a killer body (pun intended). Now, I wouldn't go so far as to compare the way I looked tonight to the most gorgeous mythical female in the fictional world, but it sure was nice that someone else thought that.
It is nice to get a compliment every once in a while. Especially when you've been in over-drive all day running on fumes. All it takes is a few words and a smile and you can make someone's day. Isn't life wonderful?

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Yea for Jamie

Sara said...

what was the night all about? give me some ideas here, girl!

jamie hixon said...

It was about gratitude for our blessings. I collected "good news minutes of 2008" from all the sisters in our ward and shared them one after the other. I then read the lyrics to "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and talked about the Saviour and how all blesings flow from him. I told a few stories (personal and not) about how to look for blessings even in the adversity in your life. We finished off the evening by writing thank you notes to our Stake President, which is something the Stake RS wanted us to do. The food was REALLY GOOD (I'll give you recipes if you would like) and the decor was Christmas nutcrackers/Thanksgiving warm reds and fall colors. (We combined the two holidays.)