Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It rhymes with Hurt-y

So. I had a birthday. Despite entering another decade -(shudder)- it was a nice weekend.

Dan got me a piano keyboard that hooks up to my computer. This is awesome because I have written a lot of songs and I want to be able to record them. That man is always thinking. (side note: he had me enter the room where it was already set up, and he rigged up some little mechanism where a ball got knocked onto a box that pressed a button and the computer started playing the Birthday Song. It was awesome!) He also gave me his old iphone and got me a new docking station and a case for it.

I got cards and gifts and facebook love. I guess it is almost worth having a birthday to get that little reminder that other people like me.

I got a massage and a facial. It was.... SO good.

I dyed my own hair for the second time in my life. The first time I was 13 and it came out orange. Now I'm 30 (shudder) and it came out kinda brassy reddish blonde. Think Nicole Kidman meets Draco Malfoy. I'm probably going to try to fix it soon. Notice in the photo I have a wide headband covering the offending part of my head.
Sorry Dan and Gwen. This is my blog and I will show the best picture of myself at the expense of others.

We had Dan's Arizona siblings (minus the still vacationing Amy) over for tacos and cake the day after my b-day. It wasn't exactly for my birthday per se, but it was fun to get together. We vowed to do something like this more often.

We fit them all at our itty bitty table.

P.S. On my birthday my children had 4 different caregivers in one day! FOUR! First the gym day care, then my friend Nancy watched them while I went to Massage Envy, then a girl with 7 siblings from church came to be here while they were napping while I tried to go get my license renewed at the MVD (yes, that is what they call the DMV out here) but they were closed randomly, and then my lovely niece Hannah watched them while Dan took me to eat at Carrabas. That is a record I hope will never be topped.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

sounds like a great day. Wish I could have been part of it. I would have made you a wizard of oz cake!
Dan rocks and gives the best presents. I need to start recording my songs too... since I also can record. Fun day! Happy Birthday! (again) I love you!

Lynette Mills said...

I'm so glad all that love came your way on your birthday. You definitely deserve it.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad that it was enjoyable! Yay for July birthdays!

Tara Nelson said...

Oh! It looks like it was a great day. I promise 30's are not so bad. I LUV it. But a keyboard that played Happy Birthday to you on que. Dan IS the Man.

Sara said...

the tacos were divine and i like your hair. beats purple!