Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fired

Santa Barbara has been on fire for a few days. This is one of the reasons I have not been blogging. It has been flaming hot around here and using the computer only makes it hotter. Plus, when you are shut up in one place there is not very much to blog about. I've been watching movies and sleeping.
We are not one of the 30,000 people who have been forced to evacuate our homes, unless you count the evening we went to sleep at Dan's parent's house and got ousted at 11:30pm. (We went there because they have AC.)
Last night and today it has been much cooler, and the wind is blowing the Jesusita fire up the mountains instead of down. Two things to be very grateful for.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That is so crazy. I don't like that Santa Barbara keeps trying to burn down. I'm glad it is getting better and I am glad the you guys are safe.