Monday, August 30, 2010

Random Acts

On Friday night I went to the gym with Amy and Michelle. We were just exercising away on the treadmills and elliptical machines in the back and we all had earbuds in so I guess we didn't hear the warning. When we finished up, we were the only ones in the building. The doors were locked. I guess they close at 9:00 on Fridays. We took some pictures for documentation, but none of them turned out well.

On Sunday, one of our neighbors shot an arrow into our house. Yep, you read that right. It was sticking out of our stucco right next to my craft room window. He seemed to be appropriately embarrassed and distraught. We thought it was funny. Especially since he offered to send some people over to patch it up.

I wrote, directed, and choreographed a roadshow that performed on Saturday. I got away with only rehearsing the kids twice! How awesome is that??

Well, I'm teaching a sewing class in about 30 minutes. I guess that is random too, but it's true. Gotta go!




4 comments:

Tracy said...

I need you to teach me sewing.
I just read Dan's post about the arrow! That is too funny. Love the pictures.
How did you get out of the gym? How did someone not come and tap you or something. That is so funny.

Lynette Mills said...

You need to complete your stories Jamie. I also want to know more about the escape from the gym and what kind of sewing class you are teaching... I suppose I could call huh?

jamie hixon said...

I'm teaching beginning sewing to a bunch of Lennox's friends. They just finished headbands.

The gym was actually only locked from the outside. We got out just fine. Also, we saw a member of the cleaning crew eventually.

Rachel said...

ha. done that before (not the arrow) but the store closing on me. Pretty funny.